- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jello
- 1 prebaked pie shell (9″)
- Red food coloring
1. Arrange berries (whole, halved or quartered) in pie shell.
2. In 1 1/2 qrt pot, add sugar, cornstarch and water. Cook until it becomes thick and clear, stirring constantly with whisk.
3. Add 3 drops of red food coloring and stir in. Add 4 tablespoons strawberry jello and stir until dissolved.
4. Pour this over berries and chill for 2 hrs.
5. Serve with sweetened whipped cream on top.