- 10 oz. Mueller’s Elbow Macaroni Noodles
- 1 lb. extra sharp New York style cheddar, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook the noodles as directed on box until al dente.
3. In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a wire whisk until well blended. Add the evaporated milk and blend well.
4. Butter the bottom and sides of a 1 1/2 to 2 qt. casserole dish. Layer the noodles and cheese, beginning with the noodles and ending with the cheese. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the cheese and noodles.
5. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, checking to make sure the cheese doesn’t over brown. Cover if needed.
Who is Teresa, you ask? Teresa is Charlie’s Mom! This is the Mac & Cheese Charlie grew up on. It’s very similar to the style we prepare at the Lillie’s Q restaurants. We hope you enjoy it as much as young Charlie did!